Baaghi 2 had a phenomenal first day of around 25 crore nett apprx which is phenomenal for a film with Tiger Shroff. The first day ensure HIT film and obviously it is likley to go higher. The business across each circuit is just phenomenal and the sort of numbers that very films see.
The film is the biggest opening ever outside a Khan film, Bahubali – The Conclusion, Singham Returns and Golmaal Again. The highest opening by a young star was Besharam at 20 crore nett and this film has smashed that number by leaps and bounds.
Thee holiday factor would have added a little to the film but even allowing for that it could be an opening of 20 crore nett or close and the Saturday figure will that, The opening day is a huge boost to the career of Tiger Shroff and in the action zone it is possible that he is the biggest young star right now after what has happened with Baaghi.
The top opening days by a young star are as follows.
1. Baaghi 2 – 25 crore apprx (Tiger Shroff)
2. Besharam – 19.87 crore (Ranbir Kapoor)
3. Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani – 19.42 crore (Ranbir Kapoor)
4. Padmaavat – 18.21 crore (Shahid Kapoor, Ranveer Singh)
5. Ek Villain – 16.42 crore (Siddharth Malhotra)
6. Judwaa 2 – 16 crore (Varun Dhawan)
7.Ram Leela – 14.91 crore (Ranveer Singh)
8. Gunday – 14.82 crore (Ranveer Singh Arjun Kapoor)
9. ABCD 2 – 14.28 crore (Varun Dhawan)
10. Bajirao Mastani – 12.30 crore (Ranveer Singh)